Disclaimer

The views expressed in this blog are our own and do not (necessarily) reflect the views of the Ogallala Public School District.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Prezi...A New Way to Present


The first time I saw a presentation created on Prezi, it was as shocking as being slapped in the face with a fish (sorry for the bad simile...we're working on figurative language in English class!). It was so out of the ordinary and honestly, way cooler than PowerPoint. Then I started creating my own Prezis; when I found it was easy--I fell deeper in love.

Benefits:
  • Your trusty PowerPoint or Keynote slides can be "Prezified!" There's a simple import tool to "Prezify" your existing presentations
  • It's cloud-based (meaning it's on the internet), so if your computer crashes...your Prezis aren't lost
  • It's more interactive and visually pleasing than Keynote or PowerPoint
  • Video, images, hyperlinks, and sounds can be embedded
  • Prezis can be made public and editable--so a person can search for a Prezi that's already been created by someone else and then use it in your own class or make a copy of it and tweak it for your own use
  • People can collaborate on Prezis and create one together
  • Prezis can be printed as handouts for your students
Applications:
  • Use it to create presentations that will knock your students right out of those uncomfortable desks
  • Have your students create their own Prezis---they can embed them on their own blogs or websites OR email you the link for viewing and grading
Take a few minutes and learn how to use Prezi! Here's the Google Docs presentation I "Prezified" to create for our teacher in-service tomorrow:


4 comments:

  1. This is such a cool resource. Thanks a bunch Mrs. Helzer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Prezi also, I didn't hav"e to spend much time learning the program, the "path was the most difficult area for me to master, but once I completed what I wanted to present, creating the path was much easier. Great program for students also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prezi is a great resource! My Spanish kids just finished making Prezis last week for Hispanic Heritage Month. Teachers don't be afraid of it! It's super easy and fun and the kids love it!
    ~ Loree Cain

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am wondering if these can be imbedded into a web page. Are they public?

    ReplyDelete